Thursday, December 6, 2012

Weekly Menu Board


 
I like to plan my meals for the week ahead of time. Wednesday is my grocery day and I find that knowing what I'm making makes time in the store go faster and my grocery bill cheaper. In the past, I've written everything down on a piece of paper on the fridge. I found this idea for a photo frame menu board on Pinterest and modified it slightly. Because I already had all the supplies on hand, this project took me about five minutes to put together. I love it! It's so much nicer looking than my old notepad and it saves paper too!
 
For this project you will need:
1. One photo frame (mine is pretty big. It's for 8X11 photos)
2. Matting board
3. Patterned scrapbook paper. You can usually find books of it in craft stores.
4. One piece of paper. I used off-white card stock, but it depends on the colors you want.
5. Markers. I used permanent for the inside but you definitely at need dry erase for the glass.
6. Dry erase board eraser.
7. Glue and scissors
 
The instructions are simple: Glue the scrapbook paper to the matting to create an interesting design. Write the days of the week, leaving plenty of room for your meals, on the piece of paper. Place the paper in the frame and matting. Now just write your menu plan on the glass next to the corresponding days!


No comments:

Post a Comment