Monday, November 12, 2012

Raspberry Bars


I LOVE raspberry bars. They have some delicious ones at Pret a Manger and I wanted to make some of my own. I was so excited when I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. I altered it slightly by adding more nuts to the top, which I think added a good extra crunch, instead of the confectioners' sugar that the original recipe called for.

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups of butter (a little less than three sticks), softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp grated lemon peel
2 1/4 cups ground almonds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
 
Cream butter and sugar in large bowl. Beat in egg and lemon peel.
In another bowl, mix flour, 2 cups ground almonds and cinnamon.
Gradually beat dry mixture into creamed mixture.
Press 2 cups of the dough into bottom of greased 13X9 pan.
Spread on raspberry preserves.
Crumble remaining dough onto preserves. (It is a bit wet to "crumble" so I just dropped pinchfuls). Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup or so ground almonds over top.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until light brown.
Cool and cut into bars. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment